Friday, September 18, 2009

Yo Mama's


Let's get down and dirty about burgers. You can protest that POC has the best burger in NOLA, but that's crap. My burger at POC was so dry I had to put an entire bottle of ketchup on it. Stop waiting in line for hours, and go to Yo Mama's. Yo Mama's is a bar with a very eclectic theme. Some of the decor is New Orleansesque, some S&M, a little carnival, and a spash of velvet Elvis. It's located right across from Pat O's, usually with tons of bikers chilling out front. You can't miss it! The seating is limited, but there always seems to be a good balance, I've never had to wait for a table. Ok burger time. The burgers are big, the burgers are juicy, the burgers are unique! Salsa, avocado, chili, bacon, and yes even peanut butter and usually toppings for these burgers. I will testify that the peanut butter burger is delicious! It has lettuce, tomato, mayo, bacon, and peanut butter. Starve yourself all day, then come gorge on this delicious burger! What makes these burgers so good? I'm guessing the quality of meat plays a large roll, but from what I hear, a hubcap is placed on top of the burgers to keep in moisture. Cool! The sides are awesome too. The burgers come with a loaded backed potato, a huge scoop of potato salad, or a side salad. Most of the burgers range from $9-$12. You can also get a half pink size (plain) for $4.50, which I do from time to time. The prices are very good considering you have a huge plate of food and great quality too. My friends and I eat here quite frequently, and they'll protest there's no burger in comparison. If you're in this neck of the woods, check it out. You'll be hooked.
**** Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment