Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oki Nago




A good friend of mine advised me to try Oki Nago. I'm always up for a new sushi place, so I gave it a whirl. Oki Nago is a buffet, although you can order off the menu for pickup and dine-in. On the food bar, there is a variety of sushi, maybe a dozen rolls, and about 4 different types of sashimi. All of the rolls were labled. I would give the sushi a 3/5. As I described it to my friends, it's for the sushi "virgin." This sushi is for someone trying sushi for the first time, or someone who wants a "buffet sushi." There are other Japanese dishes, the tapioca shrimp is simply delicious. On the salad bar there are about 6 salads with noodles, seaweed, and octopus. I honestly I have not tried any of them. Oh yes, I can't forget the hibachi. There is a bar where you fill your plate with fresh veggies and meat, and they grill it for you, right there. WOW! For dessert there is ice cream and other traditional Chinese buffet desserts. The ice cream flavors come in traditional, and some not so traditional, such as mango, green tea, and red bean. The service was good, the staff has always been friendly. The wait staff is also very attentive, dirty dishes were cleaned promptly while I was at the buffet. My drink never went dry, and the tea is quite refreshing. The ambiance is a little strange. The restaurant is very large. White walls, lots of decor, not all exactly Japanese. There is also a full service bar and piano in the front of the restaurant, looks like neither are utilized too often. All in all, a fun atmosphere. The prices are a bargain for such a variety of food. The lunch buffet is $9.99, and the dinner buffet is $14.99. Not too bad if you ask me... Would I go here, yes, but I'd go to East Buffet first.

*** Three Stars

http://www.okinago.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment