Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cafe Equator


Equator is a Thai restaurant located in the heart of Metairie behind Lagers. The food was pretty good. The menu has many standard Thai entrees. If you're looking for spicy, this may be your place. There are several items indicating you'll be on fire later. Now, although the food was good, the service was absolutely terrible. We waited at least 20 minutes just for someone to take our drink order. This is unacceptable, we almost walked out. The waitress was extremely friendly to the table next to us, and dry and distant to our table. I have to say, this irritates me to no end. And yes, for those wondering, I was a waitress for two years. The ambiance is a little strange in my opinion. The establishment doesn't have much decor. It almost looks thrown together, like not much thought was put into it. Maybe this is still from Katrina, but that's a pathetic excuse. It is dark, and the large fish tank is a bit strange. The prices were fair. The entrees ranged from $9 - 16. The appetizers were a little on the high end though. I got the feeling Equator is a family owned restaurant, so the standards and prices are pretty debatable according to the owners standards. I've only been to this restaurant one time, years ago. I'm quite certain I wont go back. I can get good Thai food elsewhere. Bad service is inexcusable.

** Two Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment