Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Macaroni Grill - Chicken Marsala in a box


I am all about quick when it comes to cooking. Rachel Ray had it right, 30 minutes or less! Sometimes, not often I'll try a box or bag of frozen something. Most of the time I'd rather just make it myself, because mixes and boxes always taste "fake" to me. Now I've only had Chicken Marsala once, at Copelands, like 2 years ago maybe. I was hesitant to try this, but glad I did. This is not a gourmet meal. Do not invite guests over or break out the China. This is a quick and easy meal for the fam. The chicken, if done right tastes pretty good, juicy too. I recommend canola oil or olive oil, always skip the veggie oil. Make healthy choices! The sauce is tasty, not too tang. It is a bit scarce though. Maybe for the professional chefs out there you know how to make this go further. They do recommend adding hot water, but something tells me there's a better way. The noodles are just generic box noodles, nothing fancy. The serving size is probabally three average portions. I know I had one meal, a little seconds, then lunch the next day. If you're feeding growing children, buy at least a second box.
Would I get this again? Sure, something quick and tasty? Why not?
*** 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment