Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crazy Johnnies


Crazy Johnnies has always been a "love it or hate it" type of place. "The menu's small, it's dark, refills aren't free." Go away you cry babies! I love this place! (So does Eric Paulsen!) Thank you Danah Boudreaux for taking me here 10 years ago! Ok I want to talk food first. Upon looking at the menu, you'll notice the selections are few. Think about this, what did you come here for anyway? A good piece of meat! No, you won't find huge steaks like at Ruth Chris' or Mortons, but the filet mignon is delicious! And, not that you'll need sauce, but they make their own steak sauce. YUM!
The filets come with rice pilaf or crazy potatoes. You'd have to be a fool not to try the potatoes, trust me. I recommend the "Half and Half." This is shrimp soshi, filet mignon, and crazy potatoes covered in the richest sauce I've ever tasted. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Ok so I want to talk about dipping my bread again, you have to try the dipping bread as an appetizer($2). You'll get 2 loaves of bread and a special sauce. This sauce is basically a mix of everything in the kitchen, it's spicy, it powerful, your piss will even smell like you just ate asparagus, but OMG its the best. Now, the service has always been great. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. Also they are very prompt in bringing out your food. You won't wait long! So come hungry! The restaurant is quite dark, with candles on the table. I wouldn't call it romantic, more like... cozy. There are also TVs for the sports fans. The prices, you'll love. The special is always the $12.99 for the filet mignon. Not bad! Nothing on the menu is over $15, from what I recall. Prices are very decent, and WELL worth every bite! Eat here, you won't regret it!

***** Five Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment