Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kyoto 2


Kyoto 2 is definitely my new favorite sushi restaurant. Being that I live very close to the Harahan area, I try to take advantage of eating at local places, and boy did I find a gem! Kyoto has a great selection of sushi, and the specials board is always full. Normally I would tell you my favorite roll is one with cream cheese, or spicy tuna... not here. My favorite roll is the traditional crunchy roll. Their crunchy tempura is like no other. They must add Japanese mayo to the crunchy because they stick together almost loosley compared to a rice krispy treat. I know, doesnt sound healthy, but boy is it yummy. They also have "pink sauce!" This pink sauce is nothing compared to the nasty stuff at Sake, it's very similar to Mikimoto. All my friends love it, we get the whole bottle on the table. I want to add something about the rice too. Normally I have a lot of problems with rice. Not here, their rice is fluffy and very easy to digest. You can also opt out and get soy paper if you choose as well. Raw fish? I know you're wondering about the raw fish, and I have tried it, it is absolutely fresh and delicious.

The chefs and staff are very nice, the service has always been excellent. Also, every time I have gone dined there the chefs are talking to customers, as if these people come in frequently. That was one of the first things that encouraged me to come back to Kyoto 2. The inside is nothing fancy, pretty similar to a store front cafe. Everything else excedes my expectations. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment