Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Roasted Garbanzo Beans


So, I'm really trying to lose weight these days. I've hit a point that I told myself I wouldn't. SO.... I'm doing Weight Watchers. I decided to do the Simply Filling Technique, which means you can eat things only from a list of power foods. You portion what you feel is good for you, and try to avoid stuffing yourself. I really like this. The more starchy vegetables are included, which makes me happy... AND it's a lot less point counting.

OK, so on to the garbanzo beans. I've been looking at lots of recipes that include garbanzo beans (which I can eat without couting points). There are salads, cakes, and even snacks. Well I saw one lady roasted them. I tried it, and THANK YOU JESUS, I have found my salt craving food and peanut/chip replacement. I can not have chips in my house, even the reduced fat "healthy" ones. I have no self control. These garbanzo beans, I can eat a whole can and not feel guilty at ALL! They're great for afterschool snacks.  Yes, even teachers need an afterschool snack.

Ingredients:
  • One can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas).
  • EVOO
  • Sea salt
  • Seasoning (Tony's)
Directions
  • Set oven for 400 degrees.
  • Drain one can of garbanzo beans. Rinse in strainer.
  • Lay out on paper towel on cookie sheet, place another paper towel on top, and dry.  It's OK to keep shells on.
  • Remove paper towels and add EVOO. Use your discretion. (roll them around in it)
  • Sprinkle sea salt.
  • Cook 30 minutes, or until crispy.  They should not be soft.
  • Add Tony's seasoning or spices to your liking. I used Greek seasoning.
Weight Watchers Technique: Simply Filling - 0 pts ... considering you take in account how much healthy oil you've had that day. 2 tsp is the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment