Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip (Garbanzo Beans)



I was very excited to find this recipe. I am finding a lot of gluten free recipes are fitting my diet, due to the lack of flour. Flour is bad on my diet.  Anyway, I liked this a lot. I mean - it's not the real thing. My Aunt Penny makes the real thing, and it's down right sinful. If you're on a diet of any kind (WW, gluten), and you want a decent alternative, this is it. This probably wouldn't be for the person who has a texture issue. I purred it in the processer for about as long as I could stand it, and I found it was still a tiny bit grainy. I put it on a banana, and It was delish! I do have a bad habit of eating something, then looking up the WW points. Er, it was more than I was hoping. O well!

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c nut butter (I used Biscoff spread bc it is slightly healthier than the healthiest PB i found)
  • Up to 1/4 c milk of choice (I used Blue Diamond Sweetened Almond Milk - 3T)
  • I used 3 T of granulated  Splenda (another blog stated 3/4 c brown sugar)
  • 1/3 c chocolate chips (I used 1/2 c)
Directions
  • Add all ingredients to food processor. Puree till you're sick in the face.
  • Add chocolate chips.

Simply Filling Technique 6 pts for 1/4 of dip. 

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

No comments:

Post a Comment