Sunday, February 12, 2012

Barley, Beef, and Bean Stew

(Picture not exactly same as recipe)

 So tonight I wanted to cook something on my diet. I threw some things together and it was amazing! Pretty sure everything is part of the Simply Filling Technique for WW, so no measuring is required.

*When I say "handful," it means I didn't measure, I just eyeballed it.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes (equivalent to 4 cups broth)
  • Handful of mushrooms
  •      "        of onions
  • 8 oz Tyson fajita steak strips
  • 1 can black eyed peas with jalapenos
  • Handful of quick barley
  • Pinch of garlic salt
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
 Directions
  • Simmer 4 cups water, mushrooms, bouillon, onions until veggies are tender.
  • Add meat and beans, simmer a little longer.
  • Add barley, cook 10 minutes.
  • Add spices
 That's pretty much it. Since this is a made up recipe, it's not as formal as my other recipes. This is very hearty and very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment