Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crawfish Monica


If you go to Jazzfest, you'll see a line a mile long at the Crawfish Monica stand. Well, don't wait for Jazzfest, make it at home! I made this for my birthday party... The things I would have done differently... This recipe is a little lacking in sauce if you ask me, so I definitely would have doubled the sauce. (butter and half & half). Also I only put 3 cloves of garlic, many more could have been used. Other than those two things, it was pretty yummy! I can't wait to make it again! Happy eating!!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Crawfish or another seafood of your choice
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 pint half and half
  • 1 bunch green onions (tops too!)
  • 3-10 cloves of garlic, chopped (to your taste)
  • Creole Seasoning to taste (Tony's)
  • 1 lb cooked fresh pasta (Dry pasta is all right if not available. Rotini is preferred, but use your favorite shape.)
Directions:
  • Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, then rinse under cool water. Drain again, thoroughly.
  • Melt butter in a large pot and saute green onions and garlic for several minutes.
  • Add seafood and saute for 2 minutes.
  • Add half and half, then add several big pinches of creole seasoning, tasting before the next pinch until you think it's right.
  • Cook for 5-10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens. It's ok if it takes a little longer. Add pasta and toss well. Sauce will thicken after pasta is added. Let sit for 10 minutes or so over very low heat, stirring often. Serve immediately, with lots of French bread and a nice dry white wine.

2 comments:

  1. Robin, i am so excited to see you have a cooking blog!!! I had seen you posting some on FB but didn't know you had a blog! I am so obsessed w/ blogging! :) I include my recipes in my blog too (though it's not a cooking blog). Anyway, yay! I will definitely be trying this one!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this same recipe when I had people over for Endymion. I thought it was FABULOUS with the exception of the recommended 3 tbs of Tony's I put in per batch.

    How much seasoning do you generally put in to keep it from being salt/spice-overload?

    ReplyDelete