Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Robin's Potato Soup



So the other night I had no meat in my fridge, but a large bag of potatoes. That means only one thing to me, potato soup! I've looked up recipes before, never really liked any. So, I created my own. If I don't say so myself, it's easy and damn good!

Ingredients:

  • 6 medium size potatoes (peeled)
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 medium onion (diced)
  • 1 tsp of roasted mince garlic
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 can evaporate milk
  • Salt and Pepper

Opt: ham, cheese, bacon, chives, etc...

Directions:

  • In a medium pot, boil 3 of the potatoes until tender. This should take 10-15 min. on medium high, covered. I quarter my potatoes to reduce cooking time.
  • In a soup pot add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes using a medium heat.
  • Add to soup pot 2 cups of chicken broth and 3 diced potatoes. Cook on medium high until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat.
  • When quartered potatoes are done, drain and mash. Add milk. You will want the consistency to resemble mashed potatoes.
  • Add the mashed potatoes to chicken broth mixture. Stir until soup is even.
  • Add evaporated milk and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low - medium heat 5 minutes.
  • If you find soup is too thick, use remaining broth to thin out.
  • Optional: When serving top with ham, cheese, chives, or bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment