Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spaghetti Squash



Who knew winter squashes could be so versatile? I've tried a couple butternut squash recipes and I'm totally in love. Now I'm moving on to spaghetti squash. I've read that it is a great substitute for actual spaghetti, and so much healthier. Well, I tried it and it was delicious! I can't say it was as filling as real spaghetti, but definitely a great substitute.

Ingredients:

  • 1 butternut squash
  • EVOO
  • Salt and Pepper

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Half the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds.
  • Drizzle EVOO on exposed squash, salt and pepper.
  • Cut side down, place on a cookie tray, bake 45-60 min. Pierce with a knife at 45 min. Squash should be tender.
  • After taking it out of the oven, let cool about 10 min. Scrape sides of squash. It should come out in strands like spaghetti.
  • Continue to use as spaghetti. Add marinara, vegetables, feta, chicken, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment