Friday, December 4, 2009

Cake Balls


One of our kindergarten teacher makes the best candies and desserts I think I've ever tasted. At one of our teacher workshops this August, I bit into heaven. Imagine a small ball, covered in vanilla candy coating and cake inside, strawberry cake, and I HATE strawberry cake. It was so delicious, my thoughts on strawberry cake have make a 180! Again for our Thanksgiving feast, vanilla candy coating, and spice cake inside! Well finally, I asked for the recipe and it was the easiest recipe I've ever heard of! It is so versatile, and a definite show stopper. Try any cake flavor and icing combination you see fit. The world is your oyster! I made spice cake balls for Thanksgiving, and I put people into sugar comas! Try this recipe, you WON'T be sorry! Happy eating!

Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared frosting
  • 1 (3 ounce) flavored confectioners coating

Directions

  • Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended. The whipped frosting may not go as far, so just stick with the regular kind.
  • Melt candy coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. (some come with their own microwavable tray)
  • Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Using a skewer, dip the balls in candy coating. Place on waxed paper to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment